The BioSway is a balance assessment and training tool that also provides real-time feedback and printed reports to track a patient’s progress. This device is a lightweight platform with a display screen, that is beneficial for a broad scope of rehabilitation needs.
- Vestibular rehabilitation – includes balance retraining exercises designed to steady a patient while walking or standing; improves coordination of muscle responses and posture control
- Orthopedic & post trauma rehabilitation – evaluates balance in post-surgery (hip, knee, ankle) and amputee patients; provides balance retraining, strengthening and weight-shift training for quicker recovery
- Neurorehabilitation – assesses balance and stability of patients with Parkinson’s, stroke & neuropathy; helps determine a course of treatment; uses progressive testing to improve balance and gait
- Senior wellness – tests for balance deficiencies and fall risk, provides individualized programming to help patients remain mobile or regain mobility
- Athletic conditioning – delivers objective preseason baseline and post-injury balance assessment for athletes; provides detailed progress reports to track recovery and aid with more accurate return-to-play decisions